Retirement of Coalinga Police Chief Darren Blevins
•September 8: 1995, Darren Blevins was hired as a Level II Reserve Police Officer for Coalinga Police Department.
•July 1, 1996: Darren was reclassified to a full-time Police Officer.
• October 14, 2003: Darren was promoted to the position of Police Corporal.
• December 13, 2005: Darren was promoted to the position of Police Sergeant.
• December 5, 2011: Darren was promoted to the position of Police Lieutenant.
• May 17, 2018, Darren was promoted to Police Commander.
• February 21, 2019: Darren was assigned as Interim Chief of Police and, effective October 14, 2019, Darren officially became the Chief of Police for the City of Coalinga.
Throughout Darren’s 26 year career with the City of Coalinga, he has truly been instrumental in moving the Department forward and he has served as an excellent example of service to the community, often volunteering his personal time for community events and to help out anyone and everyone. Darren’s love for this community shows in everything he does and, though it is certainly well-deserved, we are sad to announce his upcoming retirement from the City of Coalinga.
While Darren’s retirement date is pending, it is anticipated to be effective sometime between
December 25, 2021, and January 31, 2021, dependent on CalPERS processing times.
When asked what he plans to do in retirement, Darren has shared that he plans to play a lot of golf
and spend a lot of time with family.
While Darren says Coalinga will always be home, he and his wife, Suzy, will be relocating to Texas
where they purchased a large piece of property and will begin building their dream home.
Please join us congratulating Darren on his retirement and thanking him for his 26 years of service to the City of Coalinga. He will be honored during the annual Christmas parade scheduled for Saturday, December 4, 2021.